The Sun Prairie Media Center is pleased to announce that as the Sun Prairie Cardinals boys’ and girls’ basketball teams head on the road to compete outside of Dane County, 103.5 FM The Sun Community Radio is going with them.
This follows the decision of the Sun Prairie Area School District to begin winter sports competitions on January 23 outside of Dane County as in-county competitions are still forbidden under the latest Public Health Madison and Dane County guidelines.
These are the games that the Media Center is planning to carry live on 103.5 FM:
- Saturday, January 23 1 PM Girls Basketball at Appleton East
- Saturday, January 23 7 PM Boys Basketball at Freedom
- Thursday, January 28 7 PM Boys Basketball at Edgerton
- Friday, January 29 2 PM Boys Basketball at East Troy
- Saturday, January 30 3:30 PM Girls Basketball at Hudson
- Thursday, February 4 7 PM Boys Basketball vs. Edgewood at Camp Gray
- Saturday, February 6 1 PM Boys Basketball at Oconomowoc
- Monday, February 8 7 PM Boys Basketball at Hamilton
- Thursday, February 11 7:15 PM Boys Basketball at Beloit Memorial
In addition, KSUN is scheduled to broadcast a video stream of the boys’ game at Bay Port on Saturday, January 30 at 2 PM.
Because of the fluidity of scheduling and travel requirements for announcers, coverage is subject to change.
Handling the call for the games will be 103.5 FM veterans Mike Mathison, Getonn Harper, and James Wyngaard.
“It has been so long since we’ve been able to broadcast any Cardinal sports that our announcers are excited,” said SPMC director Jeff Robbins. “So excited, in fact, that they are willing to travel a long way from Sun Prairie to bring the coverage home. Everyone at the SPMC appreciates their willingness to broadcast and the host schools’ willingness to allow our announcers into their facilities.”
103.5 FM can best be heard on 103.5 FM in Sun Prairie and immediate surrounding communities as well as streaming on the Sun Prairie Media Center app and online at tunein.com.