Staff at the Sun Prairie Media Center is excited about the weather getting warmer because that means the return of summer workshops!
If you know of someone aged 9-14 who loves to make videos, movies, or even podcasts and wants help taking their creativity to the next level, then you need to sign them up for these workshops!
These workshops are designed for budding journalists, filmmakers, actors, and social media influencers who want a fun and creative way to express themselves. Participants will be introduced to media production in a fun, hands-on learning environment that is conveniently located – the Media Center is in the same building as the public library!
These courses will inspire kids in a creative atmosphere to learn communication skills they can use for a lifetime. Nothing is impossible when you have a camera, a microphone, an idea, and a group of friends!
Online registration is open NOW and will close on June 10. But hurry – due to limited class sizes, these workshops will fill up fast! More information and online registration is available at kids4.tv. Classes include:
- Adventures in Sports Production, June 20-23
- Adventures in Movie Making, Session 1, June 20-23
- Adventures in Animation, Session 1, July 11-14
- Adventures in Movie Making, Session 2, July 11-14
- Adventures in Reporting, July 18-21
- Adventures in Animation, Session 2, July 18-21
- Adventures in Photography, July 25-28
- Adventures in Podcasting, July 25-26
- Adventures in Live Television, July 27-28
All workshops will meet at the Sun Prairie Media Center. Discounted rates for SPMC members are available. More information on memberships is available at sunprairiemediacenter.com/memberships. Scholarships are also available.
Please contact Mara Trusty at email@example.com with any questions.
See you at the Media Center this summer!